Lakme Absolute Mousse foundation’s other name is lightness. It feels super soft and light on my skin. It is a relief from liquid foundations that never lets you forget you are wearing it on your face.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content : 25 grams.
MRP : 750 rupees.
The Lakme Absolute skin natural Mousse is feathery light foundation with matte finish. It offers light coverage.
The product has 6 shades. A quick look at them –
01 Ivory Fair – For fair ladies.
02 Rose Fair – For ladies with fair, pink complexion
03 Golden medium – For people with wheatish/medium skin tone.
04 Golden light – For people with fair to medium skin tone with yellowish undertone.
05 Beige Honey – For people with medium to dusky skin tone with warm undertone
06 Almond Honey – For people with dusky skin tone.
- Lakme Absolute Mousse comes in a metallic, spherical container. It almost looks like a cute ball. The shade name, cost and manufactured date are given on a sticker at the bottom of the product. Super cute, subtle and stylish is all I can say about the packaging.
- It has a SPF 8.
- It is suitable for people with wheatish skin tone.
- On a sweaty summer day, it stays up to 3-4 hours but if the weather is on the cooler side, it stays up to 8-9 hours.
- It has a feathery light texture.
- It provides light to medium coverage.
- It blends with your skin really well.
- A small quantity can be used for an even application (we need not slather it on like in liquid foundations).
- It is good for everyday use as well as special occasions.
- The container is compact and quite sturdy. Travel friendly.
- The messy part starts once you open the container it has no dispenser the products sticks on and around the cap and looks yucky.
- If you have dry skin, it is best to apply moisturizer before the foundation. It tends to dry out the skin a bit.
- It is difficult to handle at times. If the container gets inverted, the product will stick to the cap.
- It’s unhygienic for the obvious reason that you have to take the product using the tips of your fingers.
- I suspect this product has a lot of silicon, the price we pay for the soft texture.
- I wouldn’t recommend it for hiding some serious dark patches, blemishes, pimples or acne. It is only good for hiding light patches.
- It is way too expensive for such light coverage.
- Oily skinned people might as well skip the primer or moisturiser and just apply the foundation itself.
- It is best to blend this foundation with the tips of your fingers rather than using a foundation brush .
- Using a compact powder after applying the foundation and at a regular intervals of 2 to 3 hours helps the product to stay put.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I had got this product from Amazon for just Rs.565 and I was happy with it so I again bought is from Flipkart during the big billion days for just Rs.450 . It’s so ultra soft and blends with my skin so well. I have normal medium skin tone and it’s a shade bit lighter than my skin tone , so naturally it’s the go to product for me.
But I kinda experience a burning feeling when I go out in the scorching sun with this product on (maybe because of the amount of silicon present in the product). So, I use this only in the evenings or during a cooler weather.